- 2 Minutes To Read
This topic describes how to manage users.
To start managing users, go to Users > Users.
You can do the following:
- Create a new user record
- Assign customers to a specific user
- Edit a user
- Deactivate/activate a user
- Delete a user from the system
To create a user record:
Click Add New User in the top right corner of the User page.
Enter and select the following attributes:
- E-mail, Password, Repeat Password
- First Name and Last Name
- Assigned groups
- Interface language
See User: Reference Information for details on these attributes.
- Click Create.
That's it. The created user record appears on the Users page.
Tips & tricks
There is a way to initiate a create-new-user flow while editing a user record. To do that, on the Edit User page, click Add User in the top right corner.
Assigning customers to users
The Assign Customers option is used to assign store customers' records to the Back office user records. This is done to enable the Back Office user to preview the CMS Pages in the online store (see CMS Pages set of topics).
To assign a customer:
- Navigate to the Users page.
- In the Users List > Action column, select Assign Customers.
- In the List of customers > Select customers to assign table, select the check-box next to the customer you want to assign (multiple customers can be selected).
- Click Save.
Tips & tricks
To de-assign a customer:
- On the Assign Customers to User page, scroll down to the Assigned customers table.
- Deselect the check-box next to the customer(s) that needs to become unassigned, and click Save.
Editing a user
To edit a user:
- In Users List > Action column, click Edit if you want to change user's details. See User: Reference Information for more details.
- When the updates are done, click Update.
Activating and deactivating a user
To activate or deactivate a user:
- In the Users List > Action column, click Activate (or Deactivate).
- The status in the Status column will be changed to Active or Deactivated depending on the action you performed.
Deleting a user
To delete a user:
- In the Users List > Action column, click Delete.
- On the Warning page, click Delete to confirm the action.