Shop guide - Managing requests for quotes for a sales representative
- Updated On 27 Aug 2020
- 7 Minutes To Read
This topic describes the procedure for managing the RFQs from the perspective of the Sales Representative.
A Sales Representative can manage the RFQs with the In Progress status by:
- Viewing the RFQs for the company.
- Creating RFQs for buyers.
- Editing the items in the RFQ.
- Suggesting prices by editing them directly in the RFQs.
- Editing prices per shipment cost.
- Editing a delivery address and a shipment method.
Viewing the RFQs
To view the RFQs created both by yourself as a Sales Representative or by Buyers, hover over the Quote Request Widget in the header. In the Quote Request Widget, the latest 5 RFQs are shown by default. To view all the RFQs, click View all requests.
Creating an RFQ for a Buyer
A Sales Representative can create an RFQ for a customer if for some reason the customer can not do it. Also, a Sales Representative can create a price suggestion for a customer on their own initiative, without the customer's request.
To create an RFQ for a Buyer:
- In the header, hover over the Quote Requests Widget and click Create new Quote Request.
- On the Create Quote Request page in the Select customer: field, start entering the Buyer's name for whom the Quote Request is being created.
- From the drop-down list of suggestions, select the necessary Buyer and click Save.
- To keep the changes, click Save. The quote request will be updated and the Edit Quote Request page opens.
- To add items to the RFQ, click Edit Items, and then use one of the following options:
- In the Quick add to Cart widget, enter a SKU or a name of the concrete product and its quantity, and click Add to Cart.
- From the catalog, select the product, choose the options and quantity, and click Add to Cart.
- On the Quick Order page, enter a SKU or a name of the concrete product and its quantity, and click Add to Cart. For more information on Quick Order, see Shop Guide - Quick Order.
- On the Shopping list page, click the shopping list, select the checkboxes for the items you want to add from the shopping list, and click Add to Cart. For more information on Quick Order, see Shop Guide - Shopping Lists.
- In the Quote Request widget on top of the page, do the following:
- click Save to keep the changes.
- click Save and Back to Edit to keep the changes and return to the Edit Quote Request page.
- click Cancel to discard the changes you’ve added.
Tips & Tricks
On the Edit Quote Request page, you can update the following information:
- Enter a purchase order number.
- Add the notes.
- Select a due date in the Do not ship later than field.
- Add a date, until the RFQ expires, to the** Valid Till** field.
- Select Show the latest version to customer checkbox if you want to allow the Buyer to see the updates you have done in the RFQ.
Editing Items in an RFQ
You can also edit items in an RFQ.
To edit items in the RFQ:
On the Edit Quote Request page, click Edit Items. You can change the item quantity, remove the existing products from the RFQ or add the products from the catalog.Info
Keep in mind that measurement units cannot be updated. You can only add a new product with different measurement units.
To keep the changes, click Save and Back to Edit in the Quote Request widget.
Tips & Tricks
When changing the item quantity, enter the new value and click the Refresh icon.
Adding Delivery Information
To add the delivery address and shipment method:
On the Edit Quote Request page, in the Addresses section, click Add Address.
On the Address page, select a delivery address using one of the following options from the Select a delivery address drop-down and populate the fields:
- Define new address to add the delivery address for the whole RFQ. This will open the form to populate the fields with the necessary information.
- Select one of the existing addresses
- Deliver to multiple addresses to assign a delivery addresses per RFQ item. See Shop Guide - Address Step for more information on delivery address options.
In the Billing Address section, select the necessary address or add a new one.Info
To use the delivery address for the billing address, select the Billing same as shipping checkbox.
To proceed to the Shipment step, click Next.
On the Shipment page, select the shipment method and click Next. This will save the changes.
To add the changes to the Quote Request, click Save and Back to Edit. This will redirect you to the Edit Quote Request page.
Tips & Tricks
On the Address and Shipment pages:
- (for the Shipment step only) If you want to return to the Address step, click Back.
- If you want to discard the changes, click Cancel in the Quote Request widget on top of the page. This will redirect you to the Edit Quote Request page without saving the added information.
Updating Delivery Information
You can update the delivery address or select another shipment method for the Quote Request. To do this, on the Edit Quote Request page, click Edit address or Edit shipment method respectively. Then, follow the steps from the Adding Delivery Information section.
Once the new delivery address is specified, the previously added shipment method is removed.
Editing a Shipment Price in the RFQ
You can update a shipment price for the item in the RFQ with the In Progress status only.
To edit a shipment price in the RFQ:
On top of the page, hover over Quote Requests and select the quote request for which you want to update the shipment price.
On the View Quote Request page, click Edit. The Edit Quote Request page opens.
Next to the shipment price, clear the Use default price checkbox for the item you want to update the price. The old shipment price becomes strikeout and an empty field for entering a new price is displayed.
Set the new shipment price and click Save. The updated information is saved, and the grand total is re-calculated.
If you change the shipment method, the previously entered shipment price will be removed and the Use default price checkbox will be selected by default.
Revising the RFQs and Sending to Buyers
RFQ version number changes upon each revision. Check RFQ Versioning to learn about the version change process.
To respond to Buyers' Quote Requests and suggest them special prices, you need to revise the Quote Requests and send them to customers. You can revise the Quote Requests only in the Draft, Waiting, In Progress, and Ready statuses.
To revise a Quote Request:
- On the Quote Request page, click Revise for the Quote with the Draft or Waiting status. See Changing the Price for Products for the detailed information on how to edit prices while revising a Quote Request.
If the Quote Request's status is In Progress, click Edit.
Now you can:
a. (Optional) Update the RFQ details by:
- Entering a Purchase order number.
- Adding the Notes.
- Selecting a due date in the Do not ship later than field.
- Selecting the Show the latest version to customer checkbox to allow the Buyer to see the updates you have done in the RFQ.
- Adding a date until which the RFQ expires in the Valid Till field.
b. (Optional) Change the prices for products in the RFQ and offer your customers a special price. To do that, clear Use Default Prices checkbox next to the product for which you want to update the price.
- After the Quote Request has been revised, you can either Save it or Send to Customer.
Clicking Save means that the RFQ has been saved, however, the Buyer will not see these changes. The Save option is useful when you have not finished revising the RFQ yet and want to get back to it later.
Once you have finished revising the RFQ, you need to send it to the Buyer, so they can see your suggestion.