Creating and Managing Delivery Methods
- Updated On 27 Aug 2020
- 2 Minutes To Read
This topic describes how to create and manage shipment methods.
To start working with the delivery methods, go to Administration > Shipment > Delivery Methods .
Once you decide to add a new shipment method, make sure that you have a carrier company to assign a shipment method on the list of delivery methods. If you don't have an appropriate carrier, see Creating a Carrier Company. You also need to make sure that you have an appropriate tax set in the Taxes > Tax Sets section, see Taxes.
Creating a Delivery Method
A delivery method is described by :
- delivery price (how is the price for a delivery calculated?)
- delivery time (what is the estimated time for the delivery?)
- availability (when is the delivery method available?)
To create a new delivery method:
In the top-right corner of the Delivery Methods page, click Create new delivery method. The Create Delivery Method page with three tabs opens: Configuration, Price & Tax, and Store Relation.
In the Configuration tab, enter and select the following attributes:
NoteKeep in mind that it will be visible in the Storefront.
- Delivery Method Key
NoteRegardless if you have multi-currency prices with multiple price modes or just one simple static price (older versions), the price plugin has priority over those prices and allows you to customize and apply logic over delivery price calculation.
- Availability Plugin
- Price Plugin
NoteThe fields marked with * are required.
- Delivery Time Plugin
To activate the delivery method, select the Is active checkbox.
In the Price & Tax tab, do the following:
- Define the price for the delivery method per specific locale;
- Select the tax set from the drop-down list. The values are taken from the Taxes > Tax Sets section. For more information, see Managing Tax Rates and Sets.
In the Store Relation tab, select the stores in which the delivery method will be available.
To keep the changes, click Save. This will redirect you to the Delivery Methods page where you can see the new delivery method on the list and the following message: 'Shipment method has been successfully saved'.
Editing a Delivery Method
To update the values you have entered during the delivery method creation:
- In the Actions column of the Delivery Methods page, click Edit for the delivery method you want to update.
- Update the needed values.NoteKeep in mind that Delivery Method Key cannot be edited.
- To keep the changes, click Save.
Tips & Tricks
This is how the Back Office setup looks in the online store:
Viewing Delivery Methods
To view the delivery method details, click View in the Actions column for the delivery method you want to view. On the View Delivery Method: [Delivery Method name] page, you'll see three sections containing delivery method details: Configuration, Store relation, and Price & Tax. See Delivery Methods: Reference Information for more details on the attributes you see on the page.
Deleting a Delivery Method
To delete a delivery method:
- In the Actions column, click Delete for the delivery method you want to delete. This will redirect you to the Delete Delivery Method page.
- Under Are you sure about deleting this delivery method?, choose one of the two options:
- No, I want to keep this delivery method if you want to cancel the deletion of the delivery method. This will redirect you to the list of delivery methods.
- Yes, delete this delivery method if you want to delete the delivery method. This will successfully delete the delivery method and redirect you to the list of delivery methods.