Shop Guide - Approval Process
- Updated On 27 Aug 2020
- 2 Minutes To Read
On this page you can find the instructions on managing the Approval Process.
To configure the permissions, you should have admin access to the company account.
Creating the Approver / Buyer with Limit Roles
Company Administrator can create an Approver role for the manager who is responsible for approving the purchase order.
Buyer with limit role can be used for a company user who creates and submits the request for approval.
To create an Approver / Buyer with Limit roles in the shop application, do the following:
Log in to your Company Account and navigate to Roles section.
Click +Add new role.
Enter the Role name - Approver or Buyer with Limit.
Approve up to grand total Permission
Approve up to grand total permission should be applied to the Approver role. This permission allows a user to approve or decline a cart with grand total up to the limit specified in this permission. To configure Approve up to grand total permission, follow the steps below:
In the list of Roles on the Roles page, clickEdit icon beside the Approver role in the Roles section.
In the Permissions list, turn on the toggle beside Approve up to grand total.
To set the grand total limit , click. Provide the amount (in cents) till which the Approver can review the requests.
Buy up to grand total Permission
Buy up to grand total permission sets a limit for the grand total of the buyer's cart. With this permission a buyer will have a Checkout button until they reach the limit.
To configure Buy up to grand total, do the following:
- In the list of Roles on the Roles page, clickEdit icon beside the Buyer with the Limit role in the Roles section.
- In the Permissions list, turn on the toggle beside Buy up to grand total (Requires "Send cart for approval")
- To set the grand total limit , click. Provide the amount (in cents) till which the Buyer is able to proceed to Checkout.
Submitting a Request for Approval
A buyer can submit a quote for approval if both Buy up to grand total and Send cart for approval permissions are configured.
After completing all the steps of the Checkout, if the quote grand total exceeds the limit specified in the Buy up to grand total permission, the user sees the Approval Widget on the Checkout Summary page:
To submit the approval request, do the following:
- From the drop-down list in the Approval widget, select the required Approver.
- Click Send Request.
Reviewing the Request by an Approver
An Approver can check all the Approval requests either on the Shopping Carts page or on the Shopping Cart Widget:
To approve or decline a cart, follow the steps below:
- Click the cart you would like to review to open the Shopping Cart page.
- Click Checkout to proceed to the Checkout Summary page where the widget is located.
- In the Approval Request Widget click Approve or Decline.